Pankaj Ghemawat is the author of Global 3.0: Global Prosperity and How to Achieve It and the provocative article, The World Is Not Flat. He recently spoke at TEDGlobal to ask one important question: how global are we, really? And he was armed with stats to demonstrate that while borderless flatness may be quite the trendy meme, it doesn’t necessarily reflect reality. For example:
- What percentage of all voice calling minutes are international? Just 2%.
- What is the current percentage of first-generation immigrants in the United States? Only 3%.
- How much direct investment is international? Not quite 10%.
- Calculate exports as a percentage of GDP? Less than 20%.
- naranzarian likes this
- fasadfrontsllc reblogged this from thoughtyoushouldseethis
- spacelounge likes this
- iamcool08 likes this
- thoughtyoushouldseethis posted this