For A Creativity Boost, Think Outside The Box… Literally reveals results published in Psychological Science magazine in which researchers tested whether *actually* working outside of a box might have any impact on creativity. On the basis of this admittedly small-scale experiment, it seems to.
Of the three groups being tested, one sat in a 5’ by 5’ cardboard box, another sat outside the box, and the third group performed the task without there being a box being in the room at all. I know, it sounds slightly ridiculous, but those sitting outside the box performed much more ably than the other two groups.
This article doesn’t give too much detail, but we know that the design of space has a huge impact on creativity, and we’re always looking to improve them, so for me this provided an interesting thought to mull for the day.
- intersectthis reblogged this from thoughtyoushouldseethis
- aluminiumdragon reblogged this from thoughtyoushouldseethis
- womankings likes this
- flickerman reblogged this from thoughtyoushouldseethis
- swizzag-13 likes this
- ivveg likes this
- sokodaki reblogged this from thoughtyoushouldseethis
- thoughtyoushouldseethis posted this